Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Talked to my friend Tiffany yesterday evening...The woman is insane. She's got more guys lined up than a strip club opening and she still isn't happy. I tell her I am dating vicariously through her (what is more fun than being young and single, be-bopping about the clubs and whatnot?). She always laughs and tells me SHE is jealous of ME. To have the man, the family, the home life...How funny that *cliche alert* the grass always looks greener on the other side. Of course I'm happy with where I am, I just think, how fun! And she looks at her life and thinks, how irritating! I just want to be settled down. So there we are. The Great American Stand-Off. We need a reality tv crew to follow us around and document this bizarre twenty-something angst, including our chats late into the night where, God forbid, we start laughing and may or may not end up peeing our pants. Ahhh, just like the old days. At least I can say I have holdover pregnancy incontinence. Don't know what her excuse is. Tiff, you know I love you dearly.

So today is the last day of school for Alden...Report card time! I used to dread this time because if my parents deemed my grades unworthy of a summer off, they would just ground my ass for the whole 2 months. Its so hard to find that balance, somewhere between not making the mistakes our parents made and the Cleavers. Somewhere in the middle is that ideal childhood, the one NO ONE you know had. We're trying our damndest here, cut us some slack, kiddos.

Well I'm off to check out other blogs. Will my blog be wildly successful, a runaway hit (Coming to a link near you!) or are 25,000 other bored working mothers rambling exactly the way I am? Methinks the latter. Have a wonderful day, faithful readers (ha) and I'd like to take this opportunity to raise my coffee cup and toast the arrival of summer! Wish us straight A's.

No comments: