Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Good morning! Welcome to my very first blog entry. I am at a time in my life where I've realized a) I feel a burning need to WRITE and b) everything that's anything is online anymore, so why not start here? Pen and paper seem so...Archaic. Even typing in a word processor format leaves much to be desired. I don't claim to be the most tech-savvy person out there, so I Googled "blog" and here I am. Now I feel so...Interactive. SaWEET.

I've wanted to write...Forever, it seems. And have been brainstorming for years now. I'll get my story line together...Any day now. And then I realized...I have characters! There is my significant other, soon-to-be fiance (fiancee?) any...day...now. Then there is his son, who resides with us, Alden. Also doing their part to fill up our tiny house in the city are my sons, 3-yr-old Spencer and almost-4-month-old Julian. We make for a ragtag clan, the five of us...Ooo, what was that show? Party of Five. Shoot, I should have titled my blog that. Damn. Yes, I swear, no, not in front of my kids...I have this crazy idea that I can be both a mother and a person with her own identity. A swearing, blogging, neo-hippie momma. Stand back.

So here it is, my first entry. Once I hit "publish post," is there any way to take it back I wonder? I hope this is the first of many entries...I feel I have so much to share. The daily antics of my children, my work (think Office Space), and of course a dramatic look at the inner workings of one male brain...My significant other, who, God love him, can be the most confounding creature. Stay tuned...

No comments: