Thursday, June 08, 2006

Hmmm, back up and running, are we now Blogger? Excellent.

I think I'll have some people over on the 24th for SO's birthday...Actual birthday falls on the 28th, but who wants to party like its 1999 on a Wednesday? So I'm thinking cookout, since the weather's lovely and everybody loves our ribs...I say that as if we come together in beautiful symphony, he the melody and I the harmony as we whip up some masterful creation and rub the ribs with spices picked from our organic herb garden...In actuality it is Open Pit. On grocery-store-bought pork ribs. But SO is a master at the grill, flipping and slathering and looking good in general with his button-down shirt blowing in the breeze. The grill is his domain, and he rules it like...a ruler. Of manly things.

So would it be wrong to ask him to grill at his own party? Its something he enjoys, but also a bit of work, sort of like sex so I'm going to say no, no it wouldn't bother him a bit.

Our get-togethers are always successful when I just call friends and ask them to "stop by." When I go to the trouble of making out invitations and making food (or food arrangements, rather) and cleaning and whatnot, people's baby-sitters mysteriously fall through, people forget the date...How silly. Maybe there's something about informality that attracts people. Whatever...That's what I'll do.

We'll put the babies down to bed and drink wine and practice the lost art of karaoke and tease each other mercilessly...We seem to be at our best when we're entertaining. And who wouldn't be when filled with good conversation and good food? Mmmm, ribs. 24th it is.

No comments: