Friday, June 09, 2006

I'm so sad. I'm weaning my baby, who may very well end up being THE baby, since he may be our last child. Ask me on a peaceful spring day, when the breeze is blowing just right and everyone is fed and rested and happy, and I will gaze off wistfully into the distance and say that we don't know if we're "done," that another would be really nice, maybe a girl...Then come back another day, when one is inexplicably crying and the other is actively trying to crawl inside my butt while the third starts a bonfire with the classic literature I've bought him and I will scream NEVER AGAIN! This is too many right NOW!!

So I am in the process of weaning, which currently means my left boob is 3 times the size of my right one...Good times. A blocked milk duct is JUST how I wanted to spend my final days of breast-feeding, thank you God. I'm considering a mastectomy...I won't need them anymore, right? SO doth protest.

I sincerely hope the average passerby can't tell one boob is dramatically larger than the other. I suppose I should enjoy these last days they are large at all...Once I am truly done, finito, with breast-feeding, these puppies are going to be SHOT. I'll need a WonderBra 5000 and a commercial lift-truck to get these guys anywhere in the NEIGHBORHOOD of perkiness.

So this is the trade, my youthful body for 2 beautiful children? Its worth it...Most days.

No comments: